Position and Responsibility
- Act as Mechanical Design Engineer designing aircraft interior furnishings like full-height/half-height cabinets,
galleys, side-ledges, seat-cushions, armrests and associated modifications.
- Design and integration high/low-tables, interior doors, seats and divan arrangements.
- Support the Team Leader Mechanical Design Engineering in administrative and organisational tasks
- Ensure correct consideration and application of Certification Basis, Rules and Regulations, Means of
Compliance and Interpretations in the engineering output for the product, system or installation designed.
- Ensure adequate communication and liaison internally, especially with the Engineering Team as well as with
external Third Parties.
Key Aspects of the Activity
- Selection of equipment, components and materials.
- Development of Mechanical Drawings (2D/3D-CAD).
- Preparation of installation instructions and test procedures
- Preparation of engineering design standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Applicable engineering degree or similar qualification within aviation
- Minimum 3 years experience as a mechanical design engineer or 5 years shop floor experience, preferable
within aviation / cabinet design
- Computer literate with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good communication skills in English; German or French in addition will be an advantage
- Pro-active team player with an object oriented functioning
- Dedicated to quality, reliability and safety
Does your profile match our requirements? If so, we look forward to receiving your